But due the fact that we live today in job opening crises, where there is a shortage of new job opportunities, getting a job gets harder. Just like a hunter, the job seeker must have a plan to work by until he gets the job. My little experience in job hunting made me know a thing or two about this mission, and in the next few bullets i present some of them that you may want to consider in your job search.
- You should put in mind that looking for a job is actually a job. It takes time, determination and more importantly patience and lots of work.
- The most important thing is that you should never quit trying because you never know when or where the opportunity will knock your door.
- You should be able to limit your scope of job hunting by determining which field, company, technology or framework you want to work in. That would save you a precious time and energy.
- You need to start by writing a good CV to enhance your chances to get selected, because many cannot even make it to that stage because of the lack of motivation. Chances are you may not be preselected if you haven’t put enough effort in writing your resumé.
- There is no rule that you should send your CV just once. In fact you can try again and again, but be careful not to spam the companies so that you don’t get blacklisted.
- If you had the chance to be convoked to an interview that is really your chance to bring the best of you, and so you have to prepare.
- In the process of waiting of a new opportunity or an interview you may want to consider investing your time in other things that may enhance your chances to get accepted. For instance you can learn a new technology or a new language that may serves to be a more suitable candidate to your desired work.
- Start looking for job even before you finish your graduation project internship (PFE), so that you get advantage of the less competitive environment.
- A cover letter should be personal, you have to avoid the mistake of copy/paste, because the recruiter will eventually know and it will only makes you look unprofessional.
- If you have been looking for a relatively long time, do not panic and avoid being stressed. In fact freaking out is the last thing you want to do when you are applying for a job, because you will loose focus and concentration. Never forget that if it’s meant to be then it will be, so just relax and never loose hope, the best is yet to come.
In one word, getting a job is a little hard in nowadays environment, but with a few tricks from your part, you can improve your chances to get one.